“Instagram face” is a bona fide trend and the subject of hashtags on nearly every social media platform. Never heard of Instagram face? The term denotes a certain look created by nonsurgical cosmetic treatments such as filler and BOTOX® Cosmetic injections.
At my Los Angeles-area practice, patients often want to know how they can achieve this Instagrammable look. In this blog post, I’ll focus on each area of the face and explain the types of nonsurgical treatments that create this highly sought-after appearance.
What Is ‘Instagram Face’?
This is a question you probably know the answer to if you’ve ever scrolled through the Instagram accounts of celebrity “influencers” like Bella Hadid, Kylie Jenner, Emily Ratajkowski, and Kim Kardashian West. These are the influencers whose selfies launch trends and appeal to millions of followers. Their famously Instagrammable features boast wide eyes, smooth skin, and pouty lips.
Injectable procedures vary depending on the area being treated. Here’s a breakdown of how to achieve the look you want:
- Forehead: Even if you’re in your 20s, a smooth forehead can be achieved with “preventive” BOTOX or “baby BOTOX” treatments. BOTOX helps delay the development of fine lines and wrinkles that form as you change facial expressions. For preventive BOTOX, we use a smaller dose of the injectable than we would for smoothing out existing wrinkles.
- Eye Area: To visually lift the brow, minimize dark circles beneath the eye, and erase crow’s feet, we use BOTOX and fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and Restylane®. The elevated brow helps create the appearance of Instagram-worthy large, wide eyes.
- Cheeks: High, sculpted cheekbones are also a hallmark of the look. To form these prominent cheekbones, we use strategically placed fillers such as JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® to enhance cheek volume.
- Nose: The straight, slightly upturned nose is a coveted feature of “Instagram face.” Injectable treatments can create the illusion of this perfectly pert nose without any downtime. This procedure is sometimes referred to as nonsurgical rhinoplasty.
- Mouth: Pouty, luscious lips are a crucial component of the look. For this feature, we use specific lip augmentation fillers such as Restylane Silk and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA®. But you don’t need to worry about having the overly plump moue commonly called “duck lips.” Lip augmentation treatments can be customized to create the pout you want.
- Chin and jaw: A contoured jawline and chin complete the “Instagram face” look. In 2019, JUVÉDERM introduced VOLUX, the first filler made explicitly to treat the lower face. It can change the shape of the chin and jawline for up to 18 months. Nonsurgical fat reduction treatments such as KYBELLA® and CoolSculpting® with the CoolMini applicator can also reduce the appearance of a double chin.
Smooth, glowing skin is also essential. Combine injectable treatments with a quality skincare regimen provided at our InnoVessence SkinCare Center to produce the look you want.
For nonsurgical cosmetic treatments, make sure you choose a provider whose expertise in nonsurgical facial contouring is unsurpassed.
The best way to understand how nonsurgical procedures can create the appearance you want is to contact us using the online form to request a consultation. Or give our office a call at (626) 268-4524 to schedule an appointment.